For The Shift Café
The Shift Café in the town centre of Burnley offers a wide range of groups and events and help and support people through their struggles being a social hub focused on health, music and creativity.
In Burnley most of us have witnessed unbelievable improvements in our customer’s mental health and general well-being that may quite possibly have to be seen by others for it to be believed!
- Monday: Dedicated Drums specifically to help start or learn more about drumming.
- Tuesday: Arts & Photography get together group to connect creative minds.
- Wednesday: Jam Day is a full day of jamming with use of our professional equipment.
- Thursday: Non-alcohol group aimed at helping men with anxieties through music and art.
- Friday: Creative Games group is a fun yet thinking workshop playing creative games.
- Saturday: Recording & Production self-teaching the foundation of sound engineering and music production.
- Sunday: Split in between learning an instrument finishing off with a musical get together and jam
- First Wednesday of the Month from 7.30pm – We have a very popular and special event ‘Poetry and Spoken Word’ where anyone and everyone can have a platform to express themselves with an engaging and considerate crow without judgement.
- First Saturday of the Month from 7.30pm – We have a new and exciting ‘Ultimate Hip-hop’ night where we provide a platform for new independent talent.
50 Reasons From Customers:
Learn New Things Every Visit
Discussion and Debate
Laugh an Have Fun
Make Music With Others
Relax and Chill Out
Share Your Own Knowledge and Skills
Low Risk of Closure Due to Low Expenses
Wayne and Barry’s Impromptu DIY
Arts and Crafts
Free Use of Computers
Write, Recite and Listen to Poetry
Perform for Others
Get Constructive Criticism
Political But Polite Talk
Provides a Gateway Into Work
Helps Local Community
Helps Whilst Unable to Work Part / Full Time
Mental Health Benefits
How It Creates More Creatives
Learning Sound Engineering
Not Reliant On Any Funding
Cohesive and All Are Welcome
Like Minded People
A Platform for Talent
Instruments Free To Use
Hip Hop Nights
Affordable Food and Drink Options
Feed The Homeless At Christmas
Help People Less Fortunate
Poetry & Spoken Word Nights
Recording & Production Workshops
Hip Hop Nights
People With Empathy
Local Charities and Support Services Help
Always a Listening Ear
A local hub
It’s a safe haven!
We hope to see you soon at The Shift Café in Burnley!
ALL ARE WELCOME!